MG New Zealand is looking for an experienced marketing specialist to be based at its office in Parnell, Auckland. Reporting to the country manager, this role will require multi-skilling, flexibility and pro-activeness as the business grows. You will work with the digital, brand and social teams in the head office in Australia to implement corporate brand campaigns in New Zealand, and with the 14-strong dealer network here to ensure they are brand compliant.
Key duties include:
• Developing and executing a marketing calendar on a quarterly basis.
• Updating local brand communications using head office campaign materials, media channels and ensuring dealer point-of-sale collateral and dealer advertising is brand compliant.
• Budget management and invoice processing.
• Leveraging sport sponsorship to promote the brand in New Zealand. • Planning and executing outdoor displays and events as required.
• Managing local media and creative agencies.
• Liaising with dealer staff and their marketing departments.
Expectations of the job include:
• Distribute and adapt corporate creative content for the New Zealand market through co-operation with the head office marketing team and briefing of creative agencies and design teams.
• Contribute to building sound media strategies to increase enquiry levels and lead quality via digital channels.
• Help manage and conduct research to determine market requirements for existing and future products.
• Identify market gaps for new opportunities.
To be successful in this role you need:
• A degree in business, marketing, communication or equivalent.
• Excellent copywriting, editorial, project management and relationship management skills.
• Ability to work independently while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Minimum three years’ marketing experience, preferably within an agency background or, within the automotive industry.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
For a detailed job description or to apply for the role, email Kerry.Downes@smil.com